Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Friday, November 18, 2011

Domo Crepes & French macarons by Jesse Bruton = Jax is going French!

Years and years ago, my family did several European trips (very much like National Lampoon's European Vacation, except we did not have matching French berets) and one of my fave foodie trips was (can you imagine) in Paris.  The pastries, fabulous French food galore, delicate crepes filled with chocolate, fruit & apricot jam, or some other rich filling, and my first macaron.  Crispy meringue like cookie with a delicate centre of filling (usually fruit jam, but chocolate and other fillings can be joyfully found in these), perfect at a quaint French cafe with your coffee.  I ate so many pastries and cookies every chance I got, my dad cut my travel spending allowance in Parish (necessary but cruel in my opinion). 

So if you can't get to Paris, where's a foodie going to get crepes and macarons?? Domo Crepes, the Subway replacement in 5 Points, offers breakfast, lunch & dinner.  Savory or sweet crepes, paninis, flatbreads, coffees, and wine bar, all in 1 place. Nice.  Yesterday, lunch with Mitch and Cathy was in order. Entrance:

Order at table, here's the front counter pic:

Firecracker crepe, Mitch really enjoyed this.

Ordered Mediterranean Veggie Crepe, got the chicken version instead. This was quite tasty (manager discounted my meal due to mistake, thanks!).

Inside of my chicken crepe.

Cathy's crepe sans steak but with chili, Mexican-inspired lunch.

Thanks for free banana nutella crepe, delicious!
Overall, we all enjoyed our lunch; crepes were a tad chewy but flavors were right on.  Still working out kinks in the kitchen but potential is there - good crepes, attentive service, and adorable location and ambiance, too. See my comments at Folio Weekly Bite Club dessert event at http://www.fwbiteclub.com/ for Bruton's Macarons info and more!
Domo Crepes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive