Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Folio Weekly's Bite Club Event at Uptown Market & Deli May 27th

A wise priest told me I need to relax, have some wine, and take a much needed break.  Good advice, I say! So Eric and I were invited to attend Folio Weekly's Bite Club event on Friday, May 27th at Uptown Market and Deli in Springfield.  Normally, they are open for lunch and breakfast but just for Bite Club, they treated us to a wonderful buffet feast, with whaddya know?, wine pairings for $13 bucks!

(Fave Pinot Grigio that evening).
Details of the offered food can be found here. I loved the Pinot Grigio from Italy; Eric adored the Spanish tortilla bites with its bits of fresh potatoes inside and salty creaminess.  I enjoyed the shrimp gazpacho, tart, spiked with sherry vinegar and refreshing.  The evening was off to a very good start.


I wanted to try all the dinner options and was very pleased to learn we could! While the lovely crisp salad with champagne vinegariette and lovely fresh baked bread was served to all, dinner was served buffet style so you can try them all.  I got so excited with the options that I completely forgot to take pics of my plate or the buffet.  My faves? Lamb and chicken - duck was pretty delicious, too.  Heck, I loved them all, okay?

Two glasses of wine later and a heaping plate of food, I was more than content.  Chocolate chip cookies and coffee rounded out my meal (missed the macaroons but I was too busy reminiscing about my days living in Spain years ago with a fellow Spanish native foodie and talking jamon) .  Eric and I were too full and lazy to head to the Jazz Festival that night, but left the evening hoping Uptown will offer dinners soon! (Could be in the near future, they say).  My next post will be about the best damn Vietnamese I've ever had - two words: Little Saigon.  In downtown Orlando, it's lip smackin' GOOD. I need energy to do that write up, there's so much to say.

1 comment:

  1. Nice experience. I love parties like these. Seems to be vry delicious.

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive