Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day menu - The French cooking begins!

Eric & I have watched Julia Childs' shows over and over, and finally, for Valentine's Day, I have decided to conquer her famous beef bourguignon recipe, complete with Jacques Pepin's potato pancakes, and French onion soup (Eric's favorite soup).  I will top the evening with store bought cheesecake (also Eric's very rare dessert indulgences and as I will have no energy to make a dessert and it was on sale, so cheating on the dessert part must be allowed). I'll let you know how it goes. 

Wish me luck.....but really, is it a real mystery? Adding pork fat to a fatty cut of beef and adding butter...with a good red wine, how can you lose??? Next posting, I promise to share with you my take on outdoor markets, particularly RAM (Riverside Arts Market) and Celebrations, Florida market as I am sooo ready for spring, getting outdoors, and enjoying the weather surrounded by food and fresh produce.  Aren't you?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go for tackling the recipe!

    I had this dish for the very first time a few weeks ago at Orsays.

    Thanks for updating with the good report. Glad it all turned out well for you.

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive