Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V Day pics and final review

Although the beef ended up in smaller pieces than recipe called for, everyone loved the final product! It may not look appealing in the pot, but the flavor was buttery, complex, and the flavor of the pinot noir really came through.  I limit the extent of my French food culinary experience by saying that anything with butter and serious amounts of wine reminds me of quintessential French food, but there it is.

The table is set - had no time or energy to do potato pancakes so I just fried some regular red potato slices to serve underneath the beef.


 
 My mom's wonderful salad, with fresh jicama, cranberries, nuts, and other goodies.  (Have to balance that rich beef somehow, right?)
I crashed after the meal but it was worth it.  Tonight is pizza night, a well deserved pizza night, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive