Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Patio at Pastiche and fresh seafood from Captiva Island

Before we left for Sanibel/Captiva Island for a much-needed and overdue family vacation, mom, Cathy and I ate at the new renovated The Patio at Pastiche.  Cucumber soup was delicious, cool yet full of flavor (sampled mom's appetizer); I had the rock shrimp that my littlest one, the pickiest eater, gobbled up.  Crisp yet right amount of rock salt and slight sweetness for balance - I am actually craving it right now.

I also ordered a salad (inadvertently with the same rock shrimp on top but I did NOT mind as I barely got some from my appetizer) - again, a winner, no complaints at all, dressing, cannot recall what it was, was light and delicious.  Their new website is not up yet with their new menu, but I highly recommend you going by there, lunch or dinner, or stop by for a quick meal take out as they also sell items market style (easy to go containers), specialty beverages, and desserts (a new and lovely trend, it seems). 


As for fresh seafood, it does not get any better than catching fresh saltwater fish (grouper), roasting it in the oven with sea salt, pepper, and some butter and eating with your fingers with toes in the soft sand, your loved ones right next to you sharing a meal with you. as you watch the gorgeous sunset (a daily vacation ritual).  Spending a week in Captiva Island just relaxing, swimming, fishing, and being with family and friends was absolute heaven - take time to cook a simple meal and share it with loved ones, life is too short to do otherwise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive