Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving and my attempt to bake a Warren Brown cake, help!

I changed our menu for turkey day at least 4 or 5 times, and here is the final menu (I think) so who's hungry???

1. Roasted Turkey - brined with honey, agave, soy sauce, garlic, sage and thyme (just need to figure out a container to use and how I'll fit this monster in the 2nd fridge!) Bird will get a nice rubdown with butter and some 5 spice, gotta throw in some Asian influence somewhere
2. Sweet potato casserole - classic recipe with pecans and marshmallows
3. Cornbread stuffin' muffins - thanks Rachel Ray for this one, adding pecans and dried cherry cranberries in this one
4. Homemade cranberry/apple chutney - with lemon and orange zest
5. Big Daddy's spicy sausage gravy (easy and quick!)
6. Roasted parsnips, carrots, onions, garlic, red potatoes and leeks
7. Saffron onion soup
8. Stuffin' fried sausage balls & basil, tomato and mozz appetizers
9. Warren Brown's no mixer chocolate cake with peanut butter crunch buttercream (the buttercream will kill me on Thursday morning, I just know it)
10. Asparagus sauteed with soy - Ian & Sandra's contribution
11. Momma Serico's green bean casserole
12. Cathy's gooey pumpkin cake
13. Chocolate chip cookies with Ghirardelli chips - think it beats Cathy and Jen's cookies HAH!
I've been preparing and cooking for days already and I just hope it all turns out well! Wish me luck because I'll need it - drinking wine while I cook will help a great deal, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive