Jacksonville Cheap Eats Examiner Jacksonville restaurants

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lubi's Hot Subs off University Boulevard dishes out unique steamed subs

Intrigued by the concept and the cherry limeades offered there, Eric & I ended up at the University Boulevard location. For around $6 bucks, I ordered the original lubi with lean ground beef, American cheese, and fully loaded with hot and sweet peppers, mustard, mayonnaise, onions, and I cannot recall what else I allowed them to throw on there topped with their cherry limeade. Eric ordered the stroganoff lubi with some gracy sauce, mushrooms, and lots of mozz cheese.

Located in a run down building , the atmosphere lends itself to be a total dive, but we are not here for ambiance today. My sub in all its mushy glory is tasty, rich, and satifying, and my limeade was refreshing and fun albeit supersweet. Eric thought his lubi was good although being lactose intolerant, he paid the price of eating such a sandwich later. If you want a unique sub in a total hole in a wall place, there are 4 Lubis that offers just that.

Next review on Cheap Eats and here will be Coffee Cup Cafe - adorable little breakfast/lunch place right past Tinseltown. I do love a place that serves waffles, Kona coffee, and lunch items.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive